Sunday, March 11, 2012

RIP: Great comic artist Jean Giraud alias Moebius

Already a legend at his time
Yesterday one of the grand masters and exceptional artists Jean Giraud left this world and surely entered one of the universes that he created. Already a legend during his lifetime he will be remembered as having raised the standards of comic to an art form. He was a very prolific artist producing a colossal volume of comics in all kinds of styles. His creations have had a huge influence on film makers, writers and fellow artists.
If you don´t know "Arzach" yet, get the album !

I remember the first time I held "Arzach" in my hands, the story of a cosmic knight riding his prehistoric bird and avoiding incredible dangers. This was hallucinatingly insane. I couldn´t believe my eyes....
Good bye, Moebius !